Big Sky Yurt
The Big Sky Yurt combines the best of both worlds - excellent quality at a reasonable price. Sizes range from 12’ all the way up to the epic 40’. The Big Sky Yurt is packed with generous standard features and has multiple custom options available to suit your tastes and needs. All yurt sizes have undergone a basic engineering analysis for snow and wind loading; so far we have achieved 243 lbs/sq. ft on a 30'! Contact us for further details of snow and wind loading on the Big Sky Yurt.
Big Sky Yurt features:
- High quality store-bought Douglas Fir and Larch lumber for the frame
- Roof rafters are dimensional 2' x 4's, 2' x 6's, or larger, depending on the size of the yurt and the required snow load capacity
- Wall lattice with a finish height of 7' 2" (Tall Wall is our standard)
- 3/8” heavy duty tension cable of high quality steel
- Steel insulated half light exterior door with an opening thermal pane window (we can custom paint doors to suit your tastes)
- Door awning and rain diverter over every entryway and glass window
- Starfire wall fabric and ProShield roof fabric
- 48” x 48" removable clear vinyl windows with fine mesh bug screens and storm flaps
- Two windows on 16’ and 20' yurts
- Three windows on 24', 27', 30' yurts
- Four windows on the new 40' yurts
- Compression ring of fir, larch, and plywood laminate for superior strength
- Fixed clear dome specifically designed to fit over the compression ring
While other manufacturers charge extra for many of these options (if they have them at all) we include them in our base price. This means there are no hidden costs for you.
Add features: To build your custom Big Sky Yurt use our custom calculator below.